Tuesday, April 17, 2007

technical difficulties


dou shi zhong wen de!

”it’s all in Chinese!”

Can’t figure out how to switch my page into English.It automatically turns Chinese every time I use a new computer in Taiwan. 

Can’t get my laptop to connect, so i’ll use educated guessing to find my publish/edit/etc.buttons.

so...

Monday I arrived in Hualien. This is the city where my family lived for 3 years when i was young (ages 3-6). i am volunteering at the hospital that my parents worked at. Everyone is so nice here, and the people who’ve been around 20+ years, remember my parents. The younger people, mainly the nurses in their 20’s all remember my brother Danny from his visit a year ago. ”Women xiang Daniel!” (”We miss Daniel!”)

I’m staying with a pastor from the hospital, a really cool lady, who lives with a lot of family (mother, father, daughter, sister, niece and nephew). The house is full but they’ve given me a very nice room and feed me wonderful food. 

more to come later

1 comment:

Coloradan said...

Hmmm... I never noticed before that "wo men" in pinyin is spelled the same as "women" in English... it's funny that either one works in that sentence.