Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Eden in HCMC


Today I visited the Vietnam branch of Eden (the non-profit org I volunteered at in Taipei). One of the projects they have here is employment support for blind masseurs. So after a brief tour, I indulged in a 2 hour massage for $4 after tip. Some of the ladies at this office invited me to go out with them tonight. I don't know the details 'cause my Mandarin's not up to par, but it sounds like fun.

Tomorrow (thurs) I think I'll visit the 15 May School, which works to help street kids.

1 comment:

ken said...

Deme,
I am ejoying traveling with you on this exciting adventure. I love all your comments, pictures and eating diary. Your sense of humor is delightful. Vietnam looks absolutley beautiful! Interesting that the one place reminded you of Lake Powell. Speaking of Lake Powell, we can hardly wait!!! Will continue to follow your travels. We think of you often and of coarse we love you (that goes without saying but its always nice to hear). Take care,
love, Marty