Friday, May 30, 2008

A Splendid Day

Yesterday morning I arrived in Pai, a bit worn from the last 14 hours on the bus. By the time I’d secured a bungalow near the river, it was still not yet even noon. So I rented a motorbike and rode the 8km southeast to the natural hot springs.

The ride was gorgeous. Jungle on the left, farmland on the right. Everything was so lush and alive. I passed by a handful of elephant camps. The rain was on and off again, but light.

While you can't take a dip at the actual park, a local resort allows non-guests access to their hot spring pools for a small fee. So I enjoyed a relaxing soak in luxury setting before heading back to town.

Before bed, I had a terrific pumpkin curry for dinner and a bit of time on the Internet.

It was a splendid day!


1 comment:

Gus Lee said...

Thank you for sharing your grand travels, your connections with others and your reflections from the heart. What an adventurer you continue to be; you've turned "Marco Polo" and human ambassadorship into personal verbs!

I'm so admiring of your giftedness with people, language, motor scooters and, of course...writing, which I've appreciated since our shared time in Creative Writing at CC.

I’m very proud of you. All best wishes, contentedness and good care,
Uncle Gus